Got a Question?
    Talk to our Experts

    Anyone who doesn’t currently hold an Australian visa needs to obtain a visa to travel to Australia for tourism or business purposes.

    Subclass 462 Work and Holiday visa

    The subclass 462 Work and Holiday visa allows applicants younger than 31 years of age, with passports from a list of approved countries to come to Australia to work and holiday for up to one year.

    Unlike the subclass 417 Working Holiday visa it is not possible to obtain a second subclass 462 Work and Holiday visa.

    Subclass 417 Working Holiday Visa

    The subclass 417 Working Holiday visa allows young people from approved countries to holiday and work in Australia for up to 12 months.

    The holder of a subclass 417 Working Holiday visa is usually not allowed to work for more than 6 months with the same Australian employer on each Working Holiday visa.

    Applicants for their first subclass 417 Working Holiday visa must be outside Australia when they apply for the visa and when the visa is granted.

    Under certain circumstances, the holder of a first subclass 417 Working Holiday visa is eligible to apply for a second subclass 417 Working Holiday visa, which allows the applicant to remain in Australia or return to Australia for a further 12 months.

    To be eligible for a second subclass 417 Working Holiday visa, applicants must be under 31 years of age at the time of application and have completed a minimum of 88 days of specified work in a regional area of Australia. Specified work includes working in fishing, farming, mining or construction.

    The Subclass 600 Visitor Visa

    The subclass 600 Visitor visa lets you visit Australia for tourism or business purposes, for up to 3, 6 or 12 months.

    This is the only Visitor visa that can be applied for inside Australia. It can also be applied for from outside Australia. If you are a passport holder of a specified country, you can apply for the visa online. Applicants from countries who are not approved for online applications must submit a paper application.

    The Subclass 651 eVisitor Visa

    The subclass 651 eVisitor Visa lets you visit Australia for tourism or business purposes for up to 3 months at a time within the 12 months period.

    You must be outside of Australia to apply for the eVisitor visa and hold a passport from a specified country.

    The Subclass 601 Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) Visa

    This visa lets you visit Australia for tourism or business purposes, as many times as you want for up to a year and stay for a maximum of three months on each visit.

    To successfully apply for a subclass 601 ETA visa you must apply from outside Australia and have a passport from a specified country.

    FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions )

    What is JADE's success rate?

    JADE is led by My Linh Pham and Michael Cradock. My Linh Pham was the Victoria Government’s first Head of Significant Visa for 2014-2016. Michael is an immigration legal advisor and ex-KPMG audit consultant. JADE is joined by a team of experienced immigration legal advisors and together JADE has 100% success rate of Business & Investor visa grants to Australia.

    Do I need a visa to come to Australia?

    Yes. Everybody who comes to Australia who is not an Australian citizen must have a valid visa to enter Australia.

    If you are a New Zealand citizen travelling on a New Zealand passport and you do not have criminal or health issues, you may be eligible for a ‘Special Category Visa’ which can be granted to you on arrival, so you may not need to arrange a visa before you fly.

    If you are not a New Zealand citizen or an Australian citizen you will need to make sure you have a valid visa before you come to Australia. Most airlines will not let you board your flight unless you have a valid visa to enter Australia.

    If you are a New Zealand citizen and have a criminal record you should contact us for advice prior to making any travel arrangements.

    Can I apply online for my Australian Visitor Visa?

    This will depend on your country of passport. When you take an online assessment for a visitor visa on our website it will quickly and accurately determine whether you can apply for your visa online or whether you will need to lodge a paper based application at your nearest embassy.

    Can I extend my stay in Australia?

    Applying to extend your stay in Australia can be quite complex and depends on many things in your personal situation. These can include:

      ♦ Your total length of time in Australia

      ♦ The conditions on your current visa

      ♦ Your intended activities in Australia

      ♦ Whether you can demonstrate that you have ‘sufficient funds’.

    I have a boyfriend or girlfriend from overseas. How can I get them here for a visit?

    Bringing your partner to Australia for a visit can be very simple in some cases and very complex in others. There are a number of critical factors to consider such as the applicant’s country of passport, their travel history to Australia, whether they are employed and a number of other factors.

    Some applicants can apply for an online visitor visa quickly and easily. Others must lodge a paper application at their nearest Australian embassy and provide a lot of supporting documents. In some cases, there may be specific government policy supporting the grant of a visitor visa (for example if you have lodged a partner visa application also).

    The best thing to do is start the process by taking an online assessment for a visitor visa. You will then be presented with service options. Once you proceed you can discuss your case with JADE who will guide you through your situation and advise on how to proceed.

    Does my passport need 6 months validity to travel to Australia?

    The Australian government advises that your passport should be valid for at least 6 months when entering Australia. However this is advisory only. You may enter Australia if you have a valid passport at the time you enter. There is no requirement to have 6 months validity on your passport.

    Please also note that the decision on whether to admit a person to Australia ultimately rests with the border staff. There is never a guarantee that you will be allowed entry no matter how long your passport is valid for.

    National Visas support the government’s position that you should have at least 6 months validity on your passport when coming to Australia. However we appreciate that there are times when it is impossible to obtain a new passport prior to your need to travel.

    If you travel to Australia on a passport which has less than 6 month’s validity you need to ensure that you either:

      ♦ Depart Australia before your visa expires (temporary visa holders only), or

      ♦ Obtain a new passport while in Australia;

      ♦ Inform the Department of Home Affairs immediately of any change of passport.

    How long does Australian visitor visa take?
    Longer stay visitor visas for parents

    You can only apply for a longer stay visitor visa from outside Australia. A longerstay, multiple entry visitor visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months on each visit.

    How Can I Book An Appointment with JADE?

    You just need to contact us directly with the information below

    Our contact:


    Email: Frontdesk@jadevisa.com.au 

    Level 27, 101 Collins Street,

    Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia

    Phone: +61 (0)3 9034 3988


    Email: Frontdesk@jadevisa.com.au 

    Floor 10, GB Building, 78-80

    Cach Mang Thang Tam,, Ward 6, Districs 3, Ho Chi Minh City

    Phone: +84 (0)28 7300 9188