Got a Question?
    Talk to our Experts

    Anyone from overseas who wishes to study in Australia must first secure a student visa in order to travel to Australia and commence their studies.

    Subclass 590 Student Guardian Visa

    The subclass 590 Student Guardian visa allows the visa holder to stay in Australia as the guardian of an International Student younger than 18 years of age who is studying in Australia as the holder of a Student visa.

    The subclass 590 Student Guardian applicant must be either the student’s parent or legal guardian or a relative of the student.

    The Student Guardian must be at least 21 years of age and have enough money to support themselves and the student during their stay.

    Subclass 500 Student Visa

    From 1 July 2016 anyone who intends to study in Australia needs to apply for a subclass 500 Student visa. The new streamlined subclass 500 Student visa replaced the old student visa system on 1 July 2016.

    Under the new system the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) assess applications based on the education provider, the intended course of study and the applicant’s country of passport.

    The subclass 500 Student visa allows international students to travel to and from Australia and live in Australia while they undertake a full-time course of study. There are many different courses an international student may enrol in, and it is possible to apply for permission to work part-time while studying. This Visa also allow the applicant to come to Australia to complete the course of study they are enrolled in. It also allows immediate family members of the applicant to accompany the applicant to Australia.

    FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions )

    Why should I study in Australia?

    Over 600,000 international students representing 194 nationalities chose to study in Australia in 2017. Recent surveys conducted by Studies in Australia indicate four main reasons why international students choose to study in Australia:

       ♦ Globally recognised courses and institutions

       ♦ Lively and multicultural lifestyle

       ♦ Reasonable study costs

       ♦ Beautiful weather and landscapes

    Can I work in Australia while holding a student visa?

    As the primary holder of a student visa in Australia (that is, the person who is actually studying in Australia) you can normally work no more than 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and you can work unlimited hours when the course is not in session (for example during semester breaks and at the end of the course).

    There are some exceptions to this. The work limitation for your family members who are also holding a student visa as your dependent can vary depending on your situation too. You should discuss the details of your situation with JADE VISA to understand exactly how the conditions on your visa apply to your situation.

    Do I have to take an English Test for my Visa?
    • This is a very common question, but the answer is not as simple as you may think!
    • English language requirements are different depending on which visa you are applying for, what your occupation is and whether you are the ‘primary’ or ‘secondary’ applicant. Additionally, the passport you hold and whether or not you completed your schooling in English may be a factor. In some cases, the wage you will earn in Australia can also be a factor.
    • Before we can provide you with an answer to this question we must first understand a lot about your situation and options. If you use JADE’s services we will do a detailed analysis of your position against relevant visa regulations and explain to you exactly how you can meet the various English language requirements, including whether you will need to take an English test.
    • If you are required to take an English test we will provide you information to help you prepare so you have the best chance of achieving the score you need.
    How can I apply for an Australian student visa? What requirements do I need to meet?

    The student visas section on JADE VIP website will help you understand the requirements needed to gain a student visa.

    For further information regarding student visas, please visit the JADE website

    What English language tests are acceptable for Australian student visas?

    There are five different tests accepted for Australian student visa applications

       ♦ Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

       ♦ International English Language Testing System (IELTS)

       ♦ Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)

       ♦ Occupational English Test (OET)

       ♦ Pearson Test of English (PTE).

    I have received a request from the Department of Home Affairs for more information. What do I do?

    You should contact JADE immediately. The Department of Home Affairs requests information for many reasons. When they do, you need to be very careful about what happens next.

    As registered migration agents our role is to know exactly why you have been asked for this information. It’s not random! How you respond to a request for more information can make or break your case – leave it to a professional.

    We Have More Questions About Partner Visas?

    Call us anytime! Each day people turn to us for expert advice. No matter how complicated your case may seem we offer real solutions, customised to your circumstances! Our Contact


    Email: Frontdesk@jadevisa.com.au 

    Level 27, 101 Collins Street,

    Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia

    Phone: +61 (0)3 9034 3988


    Email: Frontdesk@jadevisa.com.au 

    Floor 10, GB Building, 78-80

    Cach Mang Thang Tam,, Ward 6, Districs 3, Ho Chi Minh City

    Phone: +84 (0)28 7300 9188

    What is JADE's success rate?

    JADE is led by My Linh Pham and Michael Cradock. My Linh Pham was the Victoria Government’s first Head of Significant Visa for 2014-2016. Michael is an immigration legal advisor and ex-KPMG audit consultant. JADE is joined by a team of experienced immigration legal advisors and together JADE has 100% success rate of Business & Investor visa grants to Australia.

    How Can I Book An Appointment with JADE?

    You just need to contact us directly with us as the contact above,

    Or you can leave Email, phone number so JADE can contact you as soon as possible