Got a Question?
    Talk to our Experts

    Below is a list of the Regional Areas of Australia as defined by postcode. 
    The list is relevant for migrants who wish to apply for or hold the following visa types:

      • Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional Provisional visa
      • Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Provisional Visa
      • Subclass 482 Temporary Skills Shortage visa
      • Subclass 191 Permanent Residence (Regional) visa
      • Subclass 485 Graduate Temporary (Post-Study) visa (longer validity period)
      • Subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa (points for regional study)
      • Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa (points for regional study)
    State or Territory Category Postcodes
    New South Wales Cities and major regional centres 2259, 2264 to 2308, 2500 to 2526, 2528 to 2535 and 2574
    New South Wales Regional centres and other regional areas 2250 to 2258, 2260 to 2263, 2311 to 2490, 2527, 2536 to 2551, 2575 to 2739, 2753 to 2754, 2756 to 2758 and 2773 to 2898
    Victoria Cities and major regional centres 3211 to 3232, 3235, 3240, 3328, 3330 to 3333, 3340 and 3342
    Victoria Regional centres and other regional areas 3097 to 3099, 3139, 3233 to 3234, 3236 to 3239, 3241 to 3325, 3329, 3334, 3341, 3345 to 3424, 3430 to 3799, 3809 to 3909, 3912 to 3971 and 3978 to 3996
    Queensland Cities and major regional centres 4207 to 4275, 4517 to 4519, 4550 to 4551, 4553 to 4562, 4564 to 4569 and 4571 to 4575
    Queensland Regional centres and other regional areas 4124 to 4125, 4133, 4183 to 4184, 4280 to 4287, 4306 to 4498, 4507, 4552, 4563, 4570 and 4580 to 4895
    Western Australia Cities and major regional centres 6000 to 6038, 6050 to 6083, 6090 to 6182, 6208 to 6211, 6214 and 6556 to 6558
    Western Australia Regional centres and other regional areas All postcodes in Western Australia not mentioned above
    South Australia Cities and major regional centres 5000 to 5171, 5173 to 5174, 5231 to 5235, 5240 to 5252, 5351 and 5950 to 5960
    South Australia Regional centres and other regional areas All postcodes in South Australia not mentioned above
    Tasmania Cities and major regional centres 7000, 7004 to 7026, 7030 to 7109, 7140 to 7151 and 7170 to 7177
    Tasmania Regional centres and other regional areas All postcodes in Tasmania not mentioned above
    Australian Capital Territory Cities and major regional centres All postcodes in the ACT
    Australian Capital Territory Regional centres and other regional areas None
    Northern Territory Cities and major regional centres None
    Northern Territory Regional centres and other regional areas All postcodes in the NT
    Norfolk Island Cities and major regional centres None
    Norfolk Island Regional centres and other regional areas All postcodes in Norfolk Island
    Other Territories Cities and major regional centres None
    Other Territories Regional centres and other regional areas All postcodes in a Territory other than the ACT, NT, or Norfolk Island

    Migrants who currently hold a Subclass 489 Visa must remain within the designated regional areas that were in place at time of visa grant.

    FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions )

    What is JADE's success rate?

    JADE is led by My Linh Pham and Michael Cradock. My Linh Pham was the Victoria Government’s first Head of Significant Visa for 2014-2016. Michael is an immigration legal advisor and ex-KPMG audit consultant. JADE is joined by a team of experienced immigration legal advisors and together JADE has 100% success rate of Business & Investor visa grants to Australia.

    What if I want to change careers

    If you decide you no longer want to work in your nominated occupation, you will need to find a sponsor (it can be your existing employer) willing to nominate you in your new chosen occupation and then apply for a new visa.

    How long does an Employer Nominated Visa application take to process?

    Generally speaking, it takes a little over 2 months for 90% of most TSS 482 Visa applications to be processed. It takes 19 months for 90% of ENS Visa Applications to be processed and 25 months for 90% of RSMS visas to be processed. The processing time varies further depending on the entry stream.

    Contact us to help you get the fastest and most effective workflow

    If I am Australia on another visa and are nominated/apply for an Employer Nominated Visa, will I get a bridging visa whilst my application is pending?

    Yes. If you have a visa that hasn’t expired when you lodge an application for a new employer nominated/sponsored visa, a bridging visa comes into effect upon the visa’s expiry. The bridging visa is created and actually sits ‘in the wings’ as soon as the new application is lodged, but only ‘comes alive’ once the first visa has expired. The bridging visa is granted for an indefinite period and lasts until the new visa is granted.

    Why was my Employer Nominated Visa application refused?

    The most common reasons that an employer nominated visa is refused include:

    • Refusal of the employer’s nomination.
    • There is found to be no genuine need to source skilled labour for a particular occupation from overseas
    • Failure to meet the health or character requirements
    • Insufficient supporting documentation
    • False or misleading claims made on your application.
    • Providing bogus documents.
    If my Employer Nominated Visa is refused, can I apply for another visa type while staying in Australia?

    If you are currently in Australia on another valid Australian visa, there are other visa types which you can apply for if your employer nominated visa application has been refused. However, if you are on a bridging visa, this may not be possible. The best way to explore your options in these circumstances (especially if your current visa is due to expire soon) is to get in touch with an experienced registered migration agent or immigration lawyer as soon as possible

    Can I change from a tourist visa to a TSS visa?

    Whilst you cannot change or convert a visa, you can apply for the TSS visa whilst you are travelling in Australia, although you will need to find a sponsor willing to nominate you and ensure you meet the relevant eligibility criteria.

    Can I sponsor myself?

    Yes, it is possible to sponsor yourself. To do so, you will need to:

    • Register an Australian proprietary limited company (Pty Ltd)
    • Apply and be approved as a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS)
    • Make a nomination for an application, and pay the Skilling Australian levy.
    • Apply for the TSS visa

    This is a complicated process with many pitfalls and there are a number of requirements for businesses who want to employ overseas workers. There are other visa pathways available to entrepreneurs which may better suit your circumstances.

    JADE VISA is here to help you find the right Australian visa pathway for your situation. Our migration agents and immigration specialise in Employer Nominated Visa types will work with you to give your application the best possible chance of success.

    To learn more about our expertise, please get in touch with us by :

    Our contact:



    Level 27, 101 Collins Street,

    Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia

    +61 (0)3 9034 3988


    Email: Frontdesk@jadevisa.com.au

    Floor 10, GB Building, 78-80

    Cach Mang Thang Tam,, Ward 6, Districs 3, Ho Chi Minh City

    +84 (0)28 7300 9188